Lesson 9 - "Canon in D"

Originally published at: Lesson 9 – “Canon in D”. Replies here will cross-post to the original lesson page.

Use this thread to ask questions, share experiences, and discuss the topic at hand.

This has been the most challenging lesson so far and also the must fun. I have been doing my own version of “Canon in D” for a while but couldn’t figure out everything that I wanted to do with it. This lesson fills that gap and I have been working on it for nearly two weeks. It is coming along well, but will be a while before I can play it smoothly and at speed, but each time I practice it, the song becomes more fun to play. In the meantime I will continue with subsequent lessons. Thanks.

This is definitely not an easy song at performance tempo, but it’s a great piece for walking up through faster and faster tempos as you improve. For me it was one of those breakthrough songs that shouldn’t really be too hard, but was enough of a steady challenge that it really made everything after a lot easier to play.