Step-By-Step: Single String ʻUkulele Picking

Originally published at: Step-By-Step: Single String ʻUkulele Picking. Replies to this thread will cross-post there.

Discussion for my Step-By-Step picking ebook.

Reply here with your questions, comments, and experiences.

If you need a hand with downloading, please see the FAQ or email me directly: brad@liveukulele.com. Please include more information than “It’s not working!” This will save both of us troubleshooting time seeing as I don’t read minds. The more info you provide, the faster I can find the problem.

I really enjoyed the initial part of the book up to Happy Birthday which I enjoyed singing to myself on my Birthday recently :sweat_smile:
However, coming from a different culture I’m not familiar with most of the other songs.
Are there better versions than others to listen to or just listening to any of them would be enough for this purpose?
Cheers

Try and listen to a few so you can hear the commonalities between each version. The idea was to pick tunes that most people would recognize and not have to think about how they went. You have the extra step of internalizing the tunes. Listen to a couple versions every day for a week and you should have a pretty strong starting point.

1 Like

Thanks Brad,

Apologies for the late reply. I thought I did but it wasn’t the case…

Hope you’re doing well.

Cheers